By Westieman65 on Saturday, 21 September 2013
Posted in Top Motorhome Tips
Replies 6
Likes 0
Views 3.1K
Votes 0
Hi all

Here I go again rambling on about technology, for those of you unable to get a good reception on you mobile tv, I have a suggestion if you've got a good wifi signal, with whatever you use to get one you can watch tv programmes on your mobile device ie laptop, tablet, ipad, iphone or the likes with a programme called tvcatchup, ( I know some of you will already know this ) but for beginners to Motorhoming and caravaning, like myself it's a learning curve. All I did was to sign up with an email and make up a password and I was in. Forgot to mention, IT'S FREE.

Byeeeeeeeee
Thanks for that, we'll try it on our travels.

We have been using filmon.com which works well for us when abroad as it doesn't block you if your not in the UK (like bbc iplayer) but its always useful to have alternatives.
·
8 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
We have also been using FilmOn. It has the advantage that you can record programmes and download to watch whenever you want. You get 10 hours of storage free and pay for more if you wish. We were away for three months in the spring and recorded all the drama series. We didn't have time to watch them so when we arrived home we downloaded them all to our pc and cancelled the extra storage subscription. Still haven't had time to watch them!! It's a good system, my only concern is how long will the service last. There are already court cases against them for copyright infringement.
·
8 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I didn't know about the free storage on filmon.com so thanks for that :thumbs: .

I too have heard rumours of its possible demise which will be a shame. The alternative we use is a program called ExpatShield which disguises your whereabouts thereby making it possible to view iplayer - but this setup does seem to require more bandwidth than filmon...
·
8 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
The recording facility on FilmOn is very good. That is what I would miss if I end up going down the route of using a VPN. Although it is possible to download and save programmes on BBC iPlayer but it doesn't seem that the other channels provide that facility. With iPlayer you can even download a file for tablets which is about half the size of the normal file. It looks good on a tablet, awful on a laptop, but just about OK on a tv.

It would be interesting to know how others are watching tv when in Spain or Portugal now that satellite tv is no longer going to work since the change of satellites. Or does someone know different!
·
8 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I use several player apps when Im at home but wondered how quick the data allowance is used up when on mobile data via Mifi etc when away from home to view on tablet or laptop etc ?
·
8 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Try a program called Mobdro only works at the moment on an android device it gives you hundreds of channels including Sky
·
8 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post