Wednesday, 25 September 2024
  3 Replies
  61 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Our new disc is ready for you. It follows our usual format but this year I have included a QR code into the design. I'm sure that we're mostly all familiar with the concept - just aim your smartphone at the QR and it automatically comes up with a link to the site. Saves anyone else having to remember, type out or write down the site's web address.

disc-qr-code.jpg [image qr code]

I've included a series of images in this post that should make the download process very easy...

You need to be logged in as a Full Member to follow this guide successfully

There are also instructions and even a video guide on the download page already.

So firstly you go to the download page via the menu or more easily by clicking on the module in the sidebar on a pc or below the main content on a mobile.

1-disc-download-module.jpg [image disc module]

On the download page, read the instructions and click the download button.

2-disc-download-button.jpg [image download button]

Automatically the site resets the page and displays a message confirming the disc is available for you.

3-disc-download-confirmation.jpg [image download confirmation]

Go to your emails and you will see one called Download Document Conformation. In it you will see a link to start the download onto your device.

4-disc-download-email.jpg [image email confirmation]

As soon as you click the download link you will be returned to your browser where there will be a confirmation of download and a link to open it.

5-disc-download-progress-and-open-file.jpg [image download open]

With the file open on your device you can control the printing process.

6-disc-download-opened-in-browser.jpg [image file open]

You can set the type/size of paper, portrait/landscape, Colour/b&w, size of disc etc. If it helps I use glossy photo paper which is 4" x 6" and I choose to 'print to fit'. If you want tax disc size you select 'actual size'. Beware if you print to fit on bigger, say A4, paper you are going to get a big disc!

7-disc-print-settings.jpg [image print settings]

Once happy with your settings - press print...

8-disc-printing.jpg [image disc printing]

9-disc-printed.jpg

Cut out your disc and stick it in your windscreen.

10-disc-cut-out.jpg [image cut out]

And finally, let me know how you get on by replying to this post please, thank you :)

If it ain't broke..... Don't fix it!

Rate this post:
Viewing This Post
8 hours ago
·
Votes
Undo
Neil, it downloads ok but when I go to print it prints as almost A4 not Tax Disc Size?

Jeff
Votes
Undo
parpot53 Print settings need to be 'Actual Size', maybe you have it as Fit Page or some such.I use 6"x4" paper and fit to size, and it comes out a bit bigger than tax disc which suits me and matches the size of my environment sticker. So, whatever paper size just print actual size and it will be the size of a tax disc. :(cool)

Votes
Undo
Did that work for you? :(blush)

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.

ADVERT - Full Members don't see these - click our link below to hide them

Click here to join or upgrade to Full Member

Enhance Your Experience: Install Our App Now!

Get instant access to our app by installing it on your iOS device!
Simply tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
then select Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).
Follow the prompts to add our app icon to your home screen for quick and easy access.
Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection